On the Food Finds show last nite...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Etheridge

TVWBB Super Fan
On the Food Finds show last night, a segment featuring Carson's Ribs in Chicago explained how they dip their ribs in the sauce before they ever go on the smoker...and the sauce doesn't burn. I have also seen a thread somewhere on this forum where somebody else has done this as well with good results but I haven't been able to find it again. /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Has anybody ever done ribs this way? Can anyone point me to the original thread?
-------------------------
Mark WAR EAGLE!!

Point -> /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif (I just Searched in All Open Forums to match "all search terms" "carson's" and "ribs".) /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Mark....

As a follow-up, I have done this technique many times and really love it! BUTTTTTT....you need to really like your sauce! I do this when serving lots of people....foiling can be a pain in large numbers, especially if I am alone.

I normally like a dry rib, but this technique is a great way to show off a sauce.

After some research, I did find scant references to sugar burning at around 265?...I wrote a letter to the makers of Sugar in the Raw(turbinado)....of course I did not save it and don't remember what the burn point was on their sugar(slightly higher). But, since I found that regular sugar burns around 265?, I will no longer waste money on the turbinado stuff.

I can also confirm that this technique, IF your pit stays below 250?, will NOT result in burning the sauce. I used several sweet sauces in my tests.

I encourage everyone to give this a try!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back