On-Line Sources for Wood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stone

TVWBB Super Fan
Anyone got a good reliable reasonably priced source? In NY, my options are pretty much mesquite and hickory chunks, mostly from Weber. I'd like to experiment with pecan, apple, etc.

Also -- there's an old apple orchard near my home. Any thoughts one whether they would have wood lying around? Old trees that they'll let me load into a pickup?

Stone -

I would be willing to bet that your local orchard would have a bunch of smaller limbs (from pruning trees, dead trees) that they would be more than happy to give away.

I have a few apple trees myself - they take aggressive pruning to keep them in shape and producing fruit (without breaking limbs).

Give 'em a call - what's to lose?

Good Luck!

Scott

Not surprisingly, that's a lot of money for shipping. What kind of stores usually sell smoke wood? I've checked most of the hardware and kitchen supply stores in the neighborhood.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bryan S:
This is a good one. They also have awsome lump charcoal.If you buy 3 bags the shipping not too bad.http://www.peopleswoods.com/onlinecatalog.htm Bryan <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just ordered 100 pounds of stuff from these people. 20 lbs each of pecan, apple and oak; and 40 pounds of charcoal.

They're located in Rhode Island, so they said the shipping to NY would only be about $15.

OH YEAH $50.33 What P M OFF is the site is still up and running
icon_mad.gif
Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back