OK, I'll play along...

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Put a 5.6 lbs butt on the top rack at 12:00 PST and a 4 lbs chicken down below.

It's now exactly 2:33pm and I opened the access door to flip over my bird. She'll be done in about 1.5 hours. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The pork is looking mighty good...had to double check the Maveric 73 against oven thermos...the Maverick looks to be a bit high, but maybe OK. Digital through top holes reads 252, and top grate level per the 73 is 243...just where I want it. /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

I'll report back when I pull the bird.

OK, turned the chicken at 4:00pm and stills needs a bit more. Moved it to the top along side the butt. At 4:44pm, butt is at 151F...probably have another 4 hours minimum to go. Smells great, starting that drooling thing. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

OK, I'm leaving work now, that's in Sherman Oaks. I should be able to get down to San Diego by the time that butt gets pulled. I'll bring a 12 pack.

Midnight...butt practically fell apart as I pulled it off the grate. 12 hours exactly. A bit more (4 hours to be exact) than I expected. Pulled apart like wet sugar. Can't wait for lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back