Oh the irony

So tonight decided to put a pork chop on the pellet popper. Anyway, I'm seasoning it up and realized the irony of what I was doing. Putting "kosher" salt on a pork chop :D
Reminds me of Boars Head brand ham glaze in a jar. It’s kosher certified by OU, Orthodox Union of Rabbis. A very large kosher product certification outfit. Like which Jewish people, who keep kosher, are out looking to buy kosher ham glaze? I’m still baffled and confused by it to this day.

1666935273198.png

Reminds me of Boars Head brand ham glaze in a jar. It’s kosher certified by OU, Orthodox Union of Rabbis. A very large kosher product certification outfit. Like which Jewish people, who keep kosher, are out looking to buy kosher ham glaze? I’m still baffled and confused by it to this day.

My guess is the manufacturer's entire production line in the same facility might be under kosher supervision. Then the OU symbol can be placed on everything produced there, regardless of the product's main use.

It's something I do so often and IDK why but last night, it just struck me of how funny it was to be sprinkling kosher salt on a pork chop. I love the ham glaze thing as well.

My friends wife was going in for chemotherapy and the doctor asked her to strictly limit her intake of salt before the procedure, unless it was kosher salt.

Oh the iodine.

Back