Oh Lord, done gone messed up again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madbbqer

TVWBB Member
And no, i'm not golfing!

I'm smoking a 4lb butt now. I have a full chamber of kingsford, and the temp is stuck around 330, with all vents closed!

I'm not sure if I added too much kingsford for this amount of meat (which was unlit & dumped over a starter-full of kingsford), or because I didn't replenish my waterpan with more sand, or what!

Are you sure everything is on tight especially the body to the base? You can also use foil as a gasket on the door. A properly fitting WSM shut down will kill a fire. Have you checked your thermometer in boiling water? I think Chris has a page on that somewhere.
HTH,
~Konrad

Madbbqer....

First, dump some heat by opening and turning the lid upside down...do this quickly so as not to leave the lid off too long.

Now, close your top vent to just barely open....the width of a Polder probe is perfect. This will bring the temps down to where you need them. Give it time to do this! May take 30-45 minutes to drop that far.

You will need to monitor it because you will eventually have to open that top vent or the fire will die out.

Good Luck!

Thanx for the advice. I appears that it was just an initial spike that lasted longer than i'd like.

We're crusing at 260 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back