Oh gosh - not an other one: dragged home a Silver C and a blue A lid

John G (Boston)

TVWBB Super Fan
Weberitis is very real.

In a pile put out for the scrap guy I spotted a Silver C and a Silver A with a nice blue lid. The frame on the A was rusted and the doors were missing (it was a cabinet model - does that mean 2005?). But the blue lid looked pretty good so I snagged it.

The C had the usual cookbox crossmember rust and was missing the side burner cover. It had no grates but for some reason had three good stainless flavorizers. The frame is not a SWE frame so I'm guessing a 2000-2001? It has two folding tables (I think that makes it a C Premium?) Overall, the grill looks good enough to fix up.

So I popped out the side burner, removed the control panel, and took off the lid. The crossmember was so rusted that I was able to force the bolt head right through and lift off the entire cookbox assy. If you can believe it, I put the entire frame - with two folding tables - in one piece - right into the back of my Prius. I then put the cookbox, lid, and bottom rack in and was still able to shut the hatch.

So this is grill number seven. I think I may have a problem here...

-John (Boston)

Weberitis is very real.

In a pile put out for the scrap guy I spotted a Silver C and a Silver A with a nice blue lid. The frame on the A was rusted and the doors were missing (it was a cabinet model - does that mean 2005?). But the blue lid looked pretty good so I snagged it.

The C had the usual cookbox crossmember rust and was missing the side burner cover. It had no grates but for some reason had three good stainless flavorizers. The frame is not a SWE frame so I'm guessing a 2000-2001? It has two folding tables (I think that makes it a C Premium?) Overall, the grill looks good enough to fix up.

So I popped out the side burner, removed the control panel, and took off the lid. The crossmember was so rusted that I was able to force the bolt head right through and lift off the entire cookbox assy. If you can believe it, I put the entire frame - with two folding tables - in one piece - right into the back of my Prius. I then put the cookbox, lid, and bottom rack in and was still able to shut the hatch.

So this is grill number seven. I think I may have a problem here...

-John (Boston)
Got a couple pictures of the latest goodies... The Blue lid, the Silver C frame, and an earlier find - the green pin striped B. Off to the side is a cute little Smokey Joe I found on the side of the road in the trash. I have the wire rack (lower shelf) for the Silver C but it's not in the photo.

-John (Boston)

Attachments

• IMG_20220707_093155325.jpg
    IMG_20220707_093155325.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20220707_091128183.jpg
    IMG_20220707_091128183.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20220707_091217197.jpg
    IMG_20220707_091217197.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 21
Two really nice hoods and I am sure plenty of useable parts👍! Both of those hoods are a cut above the ordinary black ones. Silver As are underrated grills, but they are not as readily flipped from what I and others here have found. Maybe a rare blue hood will change that.

B621AEF4-9EFF-4C15-ACBC-29153A3DF366.jpeg

F139E607-8C0D-4A07-8584-F5F5D584D9D8.jpeg

I tried but had to drop price and throw in a propane tank.

John G... im in southern NH, any chance you would part with that blue lid? i'd love it on my platinum C. I have a few red and green lids to trade

Oh man, I think I read the original post wrong. I have a black lid and the original stainless one, but I like the bright colored lids.

Ill have to keep my eyes out.

Two really nice hoods and I am sure plenty of useable parts👍! Both of those hoods are a cut above the ordinary black ones. Silver As are underrated grills, but they are not as readily flipped from what I and others here have found. Maybe a rare blue hood will change that.

View attachment 54736

View attachment 54735

I tried but had to drop price and throw in a propane tank.
Wow, what a nice looking grill! Can't believe it didn't sell at the first try. The A's are perfect for a small deck.

-John

Back