Offset rib racks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don C.

TVWBB Super Fan
Tomorrow morning I plan on doing some beef ribs(pic to follow of course /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ). I've read of a couple of people having problems with putting/getting the ribs into/out of the racks.

So I was wondering if anyone has thought to offset the rib racks toward one side of the WSM and putting enough of the ribs in the rack to hold them, yet leave them centered on the grate.

Rath *hoping he typed in english*

Ok, beef ribs are on. Cherry wood and 1/2 MM. I found that my idea of offsetting the racks will not work as the rack itself is to big. Well, picks will be up in around thee hours time.

Rath *happy to be Q'n again*

Temp. holding steady at 240. Here's how they looked just going on. And here they are at the first basting I'm going to try a catch a nap. Worked all night and a bit sleepy.

WSM and ET-73 working wonderfully.

Rath *dreaming of ribs*

For Pete's sake Rath, get some big ribs next time!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

They look goods right now...how long do I have to wait to gets me a taste!??!

I have nothing to add.....I just wanted to see somebody besides Rath post in a topic made by Rath /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

nice looking ribs./infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Bad looking lawn. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

jeff

Jeff, my man, tell me you did not just bust on Rath for his brownish looking lawn! AWESOME /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jeff,

You mean you guys up in northern NJ have green lawns yet?? Here in Trenton they're all brown and "straw-like".

Mark

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark F.:
Jeff,

You mean you guys up in northern NJ have green lawns yet?? Here in Trenton they're all brown and "straw-like".

Mark <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually what we are seeing here, and I suspect you are seeing in Trenton, is not brown due to drying out. Most lawns have a fungus disease cause by the warm damp days, cool damp nights with heavy dew, and frequent short rain or watering. This browning (like in Rath's photo....sorry Rath /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif ) starts as small patches that get larger over time as the fungus spreads. Right now Brown Patch, Dollar Spot, and Red Thread are all diseases that are rampant....but all controlable with the proper fungicide. Watering more frequently is often done because most people do think the lawn is burning up. But that may actually help the disease multiply.

A bit off topic....do we need a thread on lawn care in the "just conversation" section ?
/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Jeff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paul G.:
spray or otherwise apply Daconil <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bayeleton more widely used here....but yup.
How long is the residual on daconil ?

jeff

*sighs* No, the "brown" spots are my attempt at putting zoysia grass in. Due to the weather, it has not turned "green" yet.

But, fresh off the WSM and sliced

Just in time too!! Another cloud burst just as I got the WSM back inside.

Rath *smacking his lips*

Rath,

What were the cook details of those ribs ? They look good. I want to try beef ribs on the WSM too.

BTW: very funny changing your signature each time. The next post to read "Rath *digesting his food*" No more details beyond that I hope.

jeff

Greg, no foil.

Jeffr, I started the ribs at 10am. I fired the WSM with the MM but using only a half filled ring of charcoal (THANKS!! Keri!!)). The cook lasted 7 hours at an average temp of 240. Most of the time I had all 3 bottom vents closed and once again the WSM performed like a dream. I nodded off from time to time, but thanks to the ET-73, I was awakened for each basting session(twice, using the count down timer).

My wife and daughter tore into them and loved them. My wife claiming "Best you've done yet!"

Rath *digested his food*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back