Odds and Ends Questions

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

If I have a 7 lb Butt and a 7 lb Brisket Flat. Which will get done first? I'm thinking 2.5 hrs for the Butt, and 1.5 hrs for the flat. Is this correct?

How long can I hold a Butt and a Brisket in a 150 degree oven? At some point it will start to dry out.

What is the best way to reheat Butt and Brisket after its been in the fridge and/or freezer?

Thx

Jeff, I think your times are about right for planning purposes. However, rather than holding in an oven, why not time your cook so that your meats are done at roughly the same time and at least 2 hours before your planned dinner? Then you can hold the meats in a dry cooler, wrapped in foil and old towels until you're ready to pull/slice and serve.

Jeff, I did a my first butt and it took about 8hrs. and came out great. My first brisket took over 10 and I still should have cooked it longer. You may want to check out "cooking topics" and meat storage info on the site here. There's alot of info on holding meat, temps, etc...good luck

Brisket should probably get done first. But, I don't think you want to hold either one in the oven. Wrap in foil/towels as Dave said, and hold in Igloo for a couple of hours. They will taste better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back