Oakford(Nexgrill)580 Assembled

My suggest (for all pellet poopers, not just mine) is to line the bottom with foil. Makes for easier clean up as pellet poopers have a tendency to be messy because the fan blows the ash around. As always....ymmv

I did line the grease tray pan. Grease trap system seems fairly efficient. I'm finding mostly just very fine ash at the bottom and a bit in and around the fire pot.

I did line the grease tray pan. Grease trap system seems fairly efficient. I'm finding mostly just very fine ash at the bottom and a bit in and around the fire pot.
I tried doing the foil liner thing. This could be why your temps are all over the map. The foil changes the heat dispersion off the grease plate/deflector. It's WAY easier to simply scrape it clean occasionally than wrap it.

I tried doing the foil liner thing. This could be why your temps are all over the map. The foil changes the heat dispersion off the grease plate/deflector. It's WAY easier to simply scrape it clean occasionally than wrap it.
I think most of my heat issues were as a result of impatience. With a chance to settle in and just test different things without the pressure of actually cooking, I'm learning quite a bit. I don't think the foil wrapped tightly around the grease tray has any effect on anything but easier cleanup.

I think most of my heat issues were as a result of impatience. With a chance to settle in and just test different things without the pressure of actually cooking, I'm learning quite a bit. I don't think the foil wrapped tightly around the grease tray has any effect on anything but easier cleanup.
Been there, done that and noticed HUGE differences in both grills trying to use foil around the trays. Z GRill tech totally recommends against it as well. Because I noted the exact same wild temp swings and long time to come close to stabile (and again this was on both the MM and the Z).
Beside, I can yank that deflector, scrape it down and have it back in and my grill running in 1/4 the time it takes to mess around with foil

Been there, done that and noticed HUGE differences in both grills trying to use foil around the trays. Z GRill tech totally recommends against it as well. Because I noted the exact same wild temp swings and long time to come close to stabile (and again this was on both the MM and the Z).
Beside, I can yank that deflector, scrape it down and have it back in and my grill running in 1/4 the time it takes to mess around with foil
Don't know how much that can effect the readings as the probe is attached to the wall of grill/

Don't know how much that can effect the readings as the probe is attached to the wall of grill/
I did not believe it either. I figured if Tom Horseman could do it so could I (he has the smaller version of my Z Grill) but I noticed he does not do it anymore either. But, in all seriousness, it does something weird to the pellet cookers (the conventional ones like ours) I cannot speak to a Weber. But practical experience after close to 2 years playing with them showed me it does

I did not believe it either. I figured if Tom Horseman could do it so could I (he has the smaller version of my Z Grill) but I noticed he does not do it anymore either. But, in all seriousness, it does something weird to the pellet cookers (the conventional ones like ours) I cannot speak to a Weber. But practical experience after close to 2 years playing with them showed me it does
I'll let it run with the foil for the next cook and see how it goes. You have a good point about getting the foil on that tray.

Nice looking grill. Good fit in that nook. If I had mine that far and down a flight of stairs I would probably loose weight, as I am always going back and forth to the kitchen;-)
Actually, the HOA doesn't allow anything but gas fired grills, fire pits, etc...on the decks. That seems sensible to me.
So the Weber Genesis II sits immediately outside the back door next to the kitchen. I built the block nook shortly after we moved in a few years back. Built it for the Akorn but the Oakford fits nicely too.

Back