NY Strip steaks, Caesar salad, croutons and mashed pots. It’s what’s for dinner.

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Started cooking for some company this eve.

Croutons are now baking.

1636239378980.jpeg

1636239414678.jpeg

Homemade Caesar is chilling in the fridge.

More to follow as the afternoon unfolds.

Croutons are baked. I did the mashed pots too and will post that when heated for dinner.

Next up will be cutting steaks, dry seasoning them and then grilling.

1636242495875.jpeg

Wine and Dine with the best
Do you ever have any bad meals?
If I’m cooking, I try not to have a bad meal. I am pretty deep into cooking and have been working on my skills for 40+ years now.

Not every meal is a top shelf meal though. I do like to keep things simple too at times but always use quality ingredients.

But when I’m cooking, meaning making a nice dinner, I do tend to try to achieve better than restaurant quality. That was my goal in learning to cook when I was young.

I used to love eating out growing up. But as I realized that eating out, and eating well is expensive, I forced myself to learn the craft. And cooking is a deep passion of mine.

Life is too short to eat bad food. Live, laugh, love, celebrate and make every day count.

Last edited:
If I’m cooking, I try not to have a bad meal. I am pretty deep into cooking and have been working on my skills for 40+ years now.

Not every meal is a top shelf meal though. I do like to keep things simple too at times but always use quality ingredients.

But when I’m cooking, meaning making a nice dinner, I do tend to try to achieve better than restaurant quality. That was my goal in learning to cook when I was young.

I used to love eating out growing up. But as I realized that eating out, and eating well is expensive, I forced myself to learn the craft. And cooking is a deep passion of mine.

Life is too short to eat bad food. Live, laugh, love, celebrate and make every day count.
I totally agree with you Brett

Something just like that!! Never found the fascination with wine though, I would much rather have a nice strong cocktail.

Something just like that!! Never found the fascination with wine though, I would much rather have a nice strong cocktail.
I extend an invitation to take you wine tasting. Wine has nothing to do with price. It’s all about quality and value. I’m sure there’s stuff out there you’d like. You just haven’t discovered it yet.

Wine tasting is hard work. I’ll sample 10-15 bottles to find something I like. And like has many different levels. From buying 2 bottles of a specific wine up to cases when you find “the one” that’s really worth adding to the collection.

@Brett-EDH my Favorite pic is the 6 steaks, with their diamonds, huddled around the fire :)
Awesome! I had them with fat side to the fire to render some more as they heated through after searing. That CI grate is a great 🤣🤣🤣 product. I highly recommend it for your grill too. Glad you like the pics. I hope I inspire others to do the same or better. This was a very easy dinner to assemble.

Sonoma is a bit of a haul, I've been doing the old vine Zins in Lodi. I used to haunt Kunde, and the winery across the street
Lodi has some really nice Zins. Predator is one of our faves from that region. If you’re ever up to Amador, hit me up. It’s in my backyard and we hang out there often. Some crazy good wines at very reasonable prices there.

Lodi has some really nice Zins. Predator is one of our faves from that region. If you’re ever up to Amador, hit me up. It’s in my backyard and we hang out there often. Some crazy good wines at very reasonable prices there.
Amador was once one of my favorite stomping grounds. Used to deer hunt Chester / Stover Mountain for a lot of years. Some real nice bucks up there

Back