Nu-Temp alarm question help

FJ Abraham

TVWBB Fan
Just getting ready to start a couple butts (1am start time!).

I normally keep my Nu-temp set to scroll through the channels. However, I don't need it to do this BUT will my set alarms still sound even if the sensor is not set to scroll?

Seems like I stupid question but better to be safe than sorry.

Hmmm.. Good question! I use the Nu-Temps all the time but never in that configuration.

Since the reciever is monitoring the temp of each transmitter, if it's not monitoring it, eg, in scroll mode, I doubt it would alarm.

I might just have to get the probes out to check this out...

Yes FJ, they'll sound. And if I'm not mistaken, it will go to the sounding alarm and display the temp automatically.

Tom,

Thanks. I found out myself last night, started my smoke at 1am and just finished an hour ago. 15 hours.

Unfortunately I had the same problem that I had the last time I used the Nu-temp probes, the base station keeps switching channels on me, negating the whole purpose of using alarms (i.e. I set a high temp on channel 1 but the remote switches the same sensor to channel 3 20 min. later, which of course has no alarm set on it)!.

I'm starting to wonder if i didn't get a bad set.

Mine does the same thing. The only remedy I found was to leave the base station closer to the cooker. For me it means leaving it in the kitchen on the first floor (cooker is outside the basement below). When I moved the base station to my bedroom on the 2nd floor, it would randomly lose signal - just often enough to be annoying and set off the alarm (HHH).

Seems like there would be a better solution though...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom L.:
Mine does the same thing. The only remedy I found was to leave the base station closer to the cooker. For me it means leaving it in the kitchen on the first floor (cooker is outside the basement below). When I moved the base station to my bedroom on the 2nd floor, it would randomly lose signal - just often enough to be annoying and set off the alarm (HHH).

Seems like there would be a better solution though... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried that also. No dice. Though distance would seem to be the problem, I had mine withing 8 feet and it still changed channels. I sure wish it would work correctly, it would make overnight smokes much easier if I knew I could rely on the alarms!

As it is I stay half awake all night with bleary eyed vigilance glancing at the base every 15 minutes.

Back