NU Temp 701 wireless therm

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I just received a NU Temp 701 wireless thermometer with remote and and additional remote. I got them off an EBAY specialty store. $42.35 for the 701 with one remote and $26.45 for the second remote. They have a few more for sale if anyone is interested. NU701 additional remote I sure hope these work better than the dual temp Polder that never worked correctly after the first cook.

Bill, i have the NU-701 and i love it. As with any probe type sensor make sure you don't get water down inside the probe.

Thanks Bryan
Did you treat the probes (where they connect to the wires) with oil as others have suggested?

Bryan,
You don't have to immerse the temperature probe in oil until the reading goes haywire. Not sure what the long term effect the oil will have on the insulation of the wiring or thermistor sensor inside the probe, so play it safe until then.
PrestonD

Bill, i did not do the oil bath yet but i will. Preston i think the theroy is that you get a oil barrier inside so that if water was to get inside it would prevent the water from destroying the probe.Bill the range on the 701 is fantastic. Go to page 5 of the beginners forum and read the NU-701 update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back