Nothing new, just another lucky CL find

DrTrobridge

First of all, a huge THANK YOU to everyone on here that made my searching/finding process more fun and informative. You guys are awesome.

I had been kicking around the idea of picking up a new Genesis E-330 (I really, really wanted that searing burner!) but I couldn't wrap my head on spending that kind of dough on my first premium grill. So, I went off to Craigslist land and found various grils in various shapes for various prices.

With your help and guidance, I sat out on the $200 Genesis earlier in the week, and today I found this badboy:

RgIVQ.jpg

Called the person up, arranged for a buddy to help with transport, and now I'm the proud owner of this sucker...for FREE. She even threw in a nearly-new cover. And an LP tank. And the tank is about 3/4 full according to the indicator. FREE!!!!

She was just happy to get it off of her deck, I'm happier than a pig in slop to have a decent grill. It does need a little work, and I've got plans to refinish the edges of the fire box, snag some new flavorizer bars, and do my best to season the h**l out of the cast iron grates. I'll do my best to post pics of the progress. If anyone has any reccomendations on what I should be doing to it, I'm all ears!

In the meantime, since I feel so indebted to this community, I threw this post up in the trading post area - http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/...0026584/m/2981012736

If anyone needs some free handles, wheels, caps, legs, or the triangle from a kettle, let me know and I'll mail them out to you ASAP.

Thanks again, everyone. I can't wait to sear my first steak on that bad-boy!

More pics on Imgur, very hig res: http://imgur.com/a/lYuKE#0

Awesome! I need a deal like this. I've been combing CL non-stop for the past 3 weeks looking for a gasser - I have the kettle, but I want the convenience of gas too.

I almost lucked out on a Silver yesterday from someone whom was moving down the street from my in-laws, but they decided to keep it. Argh.

Make sure to take pictures and share them of your rebuild!

Chris

And I thought I got a deal last year on one that looks just like it. I paid $25 with a tank of gas. But FREE That is a real nice score.

CONGRATS!!!

Back