Not yet...

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
We had to have our van worked on at the dealership in Terre Haute. After my wife took it home, I got to do a few fun things: stop at Academy Sports, Sam's Club and Chick Fil-A.

Lots of Pit Boss grills at Academy, but sadly the Titan was in hiding. They had an offset smoker priced at $1,899 that had metal so thick I can't see how two guys could even load it. It made the more "regular" offerings among their offsets look like they were made out of paper-thin metal. I didn't realize Academy had so much in the way of pellets, charcoal, rubs and sauces. They even had a couple Jumbo Joe Weber kettles, but nothing else Weber.

The new Member's Mark grill was also in hiding. I guess we will just have to wait a little longer to get some more first-hand impressions.

I think both of these new pellet grills are interesting options. And, of course, I REALLY want to see a new Searwood!

All this competition is great for us as fans and users of grills :smilekettle: .

Yeah, I've been checking my Sam's VERY carefully every visit. Nothing yet. I'll have to stop in to Menards and see what they're showing for Pit Boss

Yeah, I've been checking my Sam's VERY carefully every visit. Nothing yet. I'll have to stop in to Menards and see what they're showing for Pit Boss
I also stopped at the Terre Haute South Menards. They had a"Competition" Pit Boss that isn't that bad - but at least a LOT less than the new Titan exclusive to Academy Sports. Personally, I wouldn't pay the $800 or $900 they were asking for that one, so this new Titan better really impress in person if they expect people to shell out $1,300.

Menards has been a new revelation to me, other than a few visits when my in-laws still lived in SW suburban Chicago. I LOVE their selection of wood trim, and some other stuff is very good. On the other hand they have a LOUSY selection of grills. They need to link up with some better manufacturers.

I also stopped at the Terre Haute South Menards. They had a"Competition" Pit Boss that isn't that bad - but at least a LOT less than the new Titan exclusive to Academy Sports. Personally, I wouldn't pay the $800 or $900 they were asking for that one, so this new Titan better really impress in person if they expect people to shell out $1,300.

Menards has been a new revelation to me, other than a few visits when my in-laws still lived in SW suburban Chicago. I LOVE their selection of wood trim, and some other stuff is very good. On the other hand they have a LOUSY selection of grills. They need to link up with some better manufacturers.
But I got some whoppin good deals on those pellets I bought. $7.99 40lbs plus I got the 11% rebate coupons back already and I have lready been buying other things there with them

Back