Not heating

John Strange

I bought a Q200 today for a great price on CL and when I showed up to pick it up the woman had washed the entire BBQ, inside and out, with water. I appreciated her effort but was not happy with the approach. The grill was so cheap it didn't stop me from taking it.
It will ignite but not heat up. I tried leaving it on for about 30 minutes but it didn't heat up. It would be great for slow cooking right now.
Anybody have any idea what it might need? Regulator? Time in the sun? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

I just finished rehabbing an older Q320 or a current Q300. I think that the you just need to let it dry out. I took mine apart and cleaned everything but was real careful not get water in anything. When I first picked mine up it would not light, I thought it was the hose, regulator or ignitor. It turned on today out of the blue. I think it had not been turned on in awhile. There is probably some water in the burner.

you need to have it turned off. then slowly open the tank valve and then wait at least 5 minutes for the pressure to stabalize and then light it up. the tank has a safety valve and if opened to fast it will basically shutoff and you get yer result.

Well I tried some of the suggestions and nothing worked.
I called Weber and they are shipping me a regulator.
One troubleshooting tip they recommended was to screw in a canister to determine if it was the valve/regulator or the hose.
Hopefully I will have the part in the next week...
Weber was great. No hold time and friendly service.
Luckily I have my red head to use while the part comes...happy new year.

Try the canister - my Q220 seems to run hotter out of the canister than from a 20lb tank. Who knows why - blend of the gas, moon phase, whatever. Good news is that it is a pretty simple mechanism with relatively few parts and Weber is sending you the most complicated of the possible solutions. Be sure to check back in and let us know what the problem turned out to be.

Enjoy your new Q.

Pat

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by john strange:
I bought a Q200 today for a great price on CL and when I showed up to pick it up the woman had washed the entire BBQ, inside and out, with water. I appreciated her effort but was not happy with the approach. The grill was so cheap it didn't stop me from taking it.
It will ignite but not heat up. I tried leaving it on for about 30 minutes but it didn't heat up. It would be great for slow cooking right now.
Anybody have any idea what it might need? Regulator? Time in the sun? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Needs a new regulator or take the burner and use a small paper clip or safety pin and clean out every hole in the burner. Water should not have hurt anything. I've had to replace two regulators since buying mine new. Make sure you leave the fuel source on for 60-90 seconds before turning the HIGH/START knowb to light it. Also be sure to push the knob in as you hit the ignitor. Good luck

Back