Not an ad. But some wrench info

Wasn't sure which forum this should go in. But, I found this video incredibly informative for all of us who work with hand tools

Not surprising results at all. There are plenty of quality tool brands out there that are much less expensive than Snap-on and Mac.

I always found Snap-on to be overpriced, especially their hand tools, but the convenience of buying off of a tool truck made up for the higher cost. I had problems with their standard and extra-long end wrenches being so thin that they were very uncomfortable and caused hand fatigue. Finally ended up going with Bonney at a significant savings, even though I bought from a NAPA retailer. They appeared to be the same quality alloy, were ~1/3 thicker and the open ends had hex bottoms instead of rounded, so a deeper bite. Never broke or wore any of them out and the fatigue factor was noticeably reduced.

Not surprising results at all. There are plenty of quality tool brands out there that are much less expensive than Snap-on and Mac.

I always found Snap-on to be overpriced, especially their hand tools, but the convenience of buying off of a tool truck made up for the higher cost. I had problems with their standard and extra-long end wrenches being so thin that they were very uncomfortable and caused hand fatigue. Finally ended up going with Bonney at a significant savings, even though I bought from a NAPA retailer. They appeared to be the same quality alloy, were ~1/3 thicker and the open ends had hex bottoms instead of rounded, so a deeper bite. Never broke or wore any of them out and the fatigue factor was noticeably reduced.
Yeah, really thing wrenches hurt my hands as well. Much prefer ones with a little "meat"

Watch the Torque Test channel all the time, good stuff to be learned over there.
Regarding Wrenches I have the Wright Tools Wright Grip 2.0 Metric Wrences and they are similiar to Snap On's Flank Drive Plus. I actually prefer the Wright's with their thicker beam as it is much easier on your palm compared to the rather thin beam Snap On Wrenches. American made and more than reasonable priced make for a good purchase.

Last edited:

Back