Normal?

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
SO until I decided to change out pellets to the new Costco ones for tonight's pork chop I never knew this happened or if I possibly have a fault. I cleaned out the hopper and auger. Added the Costco pellets. Went through a full prime cycle. Which allowed for a pretty good helping of pellets into the chamber. Once they lit off and had a good flame I put the unit into shut down cycle. I noticed that pellets in the pot continued to burn well but, the burn seems like it goes into the chute/auger just a bit. What stops it from flaming all the way back to the hopper? Is what I am seeing in the photos a normal part of the cycle? I will be following up with another post comparing physical properties of the 2 brands later
1666219105717.jpeg
1666219123647.jpeg

Well FWIW the few embers and flames in the end of the auger went out. No evidence of an issue.

If it has a shutdown mode, the fan remains on and pushes air through the auger tube to keep the flame from going all the way to the hopper. It is normal for the pellets close to the fire pot to burn.

If it has a shutdown mode, the fan remains on and pushes air through the auger tube to keep the flame from going all the way to the hopper. It is normal for the pellets close to the fire pot to burn.
Yeah I figured in the firepot. It's just the first time I've actually viewed it during shut down and noticed the auger area

Back