Noob from Ellington, Ct

Peter Condit

TVWBB Member
Been looking into getting a Weber gas grill for some time. Did enough research to know I didn’t want new because the modern foreign made stuff was inferior.

Being a cheap SOB might have factored into the equation as well.

Anyhoo, was out for a drive with the wife to go for a hike and saw this sitting on the side of the road.

70F1A2A3-8A28-49B9-AD1F-D32B75F7EC81.jpeg

SN lookup says it’s a 2004 Genesis Gold Series.

No tank, which is fine. I have one.

Burner tubes look great. Some of the flavorizer bars have seen better days.

Fire box is dirty but looks great. Drip pan looks almost new.

I think I scored!!!!

Definitely worth what I paid, at least!!!!!

Richard, I honestly don't think there's gonna be a whole lot to refurbishing.

This thing looks to be in pretty damn good shape.

I hope.

Congrats on the score. Enjoy the adventure. I don’t know the answer to your question, but I am sure someone else here has the answer. Good luck with it!

Richard,

My hose from my Charbroil grill has a female fitting. I'll have to either get a new hose with the proper male end or install a fitting that will take my hose.

Remembered I have a mountain biking buddy who works in the LPG bidness. He hooked me up with the necessary fitting and tonight the wife and I enjoyed a couple of ribeyes and bell peppers grilled to perfection.

This thing works like new!

Total investment so far is $0.00!!!!

Everything seems to work, including igniter. The side burner works as well. Gonna dust off my Wok and do something on it this week. One of the flavorizer bars has a little rust, but it will do for now.

I actually have spent some money. I discovered the thermometer doesnt work. Ordered a replacement on Amazon for about 11 bucks.

Back