No time....

Mike Zarecky

TVWBB Pro
I'm doing 2 butts tonight. Picking up the butts at lunchtime. I'll only have a few hours between putting on the rub and starting them. How much of a difference will I notice vs. leaving the rub on all night?

MikeZ

Mike, I never rub them and leave them sit overnight. I wash and trim them, get the WSM ready. While I'm heating up the coals on the side burner, I rub the butts down. They really only sit for about 1/2 hour with the rub on them.

Mike, I do the same as Bob. While the chimney is getting going i'll rub down the meat. If you really think about it how far do you think the rub actually penetrates the meat? Not far. No worries.
icon_smile.gif

I like to rub the night before, however..... I often decide to smoke pork butts at the last minute and end up picking them up on the way home Friday afternoon. They will come out great!

-Matt

If you really want some rub flavor getting into the pork, mix up some apple juice and rub, find an injector with a large needle opening, and inject away. You may have to grind your rub if there is large pieces of pepper in it. If you can't find a needle with a large opening, use a Dremel to cut the tip off. (If you have a Dremel tool that is, but a house should not be without one lol)
wsmsmile8gm.gif
Have fun

Back