No smoke

Jason L Ferrier

Well the butt is on it has been on for about 25 minutes. When I first started the smoker I had a steady stream of smoke coming from the top vent. I know have no smoke. The temp is running steady at 280. Should I be worried about the no smoke. The top vent is 100 % open and one of the three bottom vents is 100% open the other two are at 25%. Thanks Jason

Not seeing smoke is good, if there is wood in the firebox you are getting flavor. If you see white, black or gray smoke that is bad. A blue transparent smoke is what we look for.
Jim

Hey Jason, I made the rookie mistake a long time ago of adding more wood every time I saw the smoke stop- was I wrong! I had the darkest, most bitter tasting food you could imagine! Always start with a little and work your way up to your liking. A little goes a very long way!
icon_cool.gif

Happy Que Year!

Windy City Smokers

Jason,

I agree with what the others have said, but feel there is a question to be asked. You did use chunks, didn't you? If you used chips, they very well have completely burned up after 20 minutes or so.

JimT

Hi Jim. Thanks for the response. Yes I used chucks. It came out great. I think because it was my first smoke I just did not know what to expect. Jason

Back