No More Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers

John_NJ

TVWBB Wizard
IMG_7131.jpeg

Last week my 96 year old mother announced that she will be making Christmas Day dinner, as she has done for as long as I can remember.

Yesterday afternoon, upon returning from a trip to the grocery store, she told me that Nabisco has stopped making their old fashioned chocolate wafers!

Since she has been making a simple dessert made with whipped cream and these wafers every Christmas, she was nonplussed. I found a substitute on Amazon- hopefully it works out for her.

View attachment 83046

Last week my 96 year old mother announced that she will be making Christmas Day dinner, as she has done for as long as I can remember.

Yesterday afternoon, upon returning from a trip to the grocery store, she told me that Nabisco has stopped making their old fashioned chocolate wafers!

Since she has been making a simple dessert made with whipped cream and these wafers every Christmas, she was nonplussed. I found a substitute on Amazon- hopefully it works out for her.

That stinks. The marketing people probably replaced them with flaming hot cheeto flavored chocolate wafers

We found the same thing out. My sister in law always makes a zebra cake for Thanksgiving and Christmas and we were looking for alternatives for Christmas. Hopefully we’ll find something that works.

We found the same thing out. My sister in law always makes a zebra cake for Thanksgiving and Christmas and we were looking for alternatives for Christmas. Hopefully we’ll find something that works.
I found these after a little research- should arrive next week and I’ll let you know how they stack up

IMG_7135.jpeg

Dewey's Bakery Brownie Crisp Cookie Thins | No Artificial Flavors, Synthetic Colors or Preservatives | Baked in Small Batches | 9oz (Pack of 1) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BS3BGNH/?tag=tvwb-20

My mother’s Christmas dessert is a simple combination of whipped cream between those round wafer cookies.

Sliced on a diagonal.

It’s good and it’s a tradition.

If everything works out, I’ll take a picture and post it here.

My grandmother liked to drink crème de menthe so my mom would add some to whipped cream to make a green cake, but my grandmother passed on a long time ago, so plain cream now.

My mother’s Christmas dessert is a simple combination of whipped cream between those round wafer cookies.

Sliced on a diagonal.

It’s good and it’s a tradition.

If everything works out, I’ll take a picture and post it here.

My grandmother liked to drink crème de menthe so my mom would add some to whipped cream to make a green cake, but my grandmother passed on a long time ago, so plain cream now.

those are sugar wafer cookies, not the cookies John is referencing. and you can buy Sadaf brand at KP for like $1.99 or $2.99 per sleeve. the hazelnut ones are our fave.

Back