No Fuss Spare Ribs

KEhrl

TVWBB Member
Picked up a pack of pre-seasoned Costco spare ribs over the weekend, started the work week off with a "no fuss" smoke! Added a little bit of extra seasoning (Pork Barrel BBQ, also from Costco) to the bone side of the ribs after removing membrane. Then I split them in half, with two half racks going on each grate of my WSM 14. This may be the least amount of ribs I've cooked to date and also first time not using a rib rack on my smoker, usually doing 3-4 full racks!

IMG_9692.jpg IMG_9696.jpg

My setup was KBB, minion method, 3.5 medium chunks of cherry with an empty foiled water pan. These went for 6 hours, no flipping, no wrapping, no turning, all I did was mop with an AC vinegar and water mix ever hour or so after the 2 hour mark (poured the mop through grate for ribs on lower rack so I didn't need to remove). One rack of ribs got a glaze of Trader Joes Golden BBQ the last 15 minutes (ribs on right). I didn't even sauce the ribs on the bottom rack, didn't want to bother moving things around. Maybe my best ribs yet! Great bark, my favorite were the non-sauced, great porky taste. Served with some brussels and fresh corn. Not the best plate pic as the steamy corn fogged up my phone camera.

IMG_9701.jpg IMG_9702.jpg

Back