No Free Shipping??

Robert High

I checked the link to amazon.com for purchasing the Weber Bullet and there is a charge for shipping - $30.00!! What gives? I went to the site yesterday and it was free shipping as usual. Has something changed?

Robert,

They change from week to week - keep looking and you'll probably see free shipping in a few days.

Ray

Only when the WSM is purchased thru Amazon with Amazon as the seller is free Super Saver shipping offered. At this writing, the seller is Hometown Hearth & Grill. Amazon is listed under More Buying Choices, however, but is currently out of stock. When Amazon has them back in stock, it will be the main seller in the top Ready to Buy? box.

I played around a bit on the Amazon site and although they are out of stock, you can put a WSM order in (w/free shipping) and they'll process it as soon as they get them in stock.

Doug, as you said, if you want one shipped pronto, you will go through the dealer you mentioned and the shipping won't be free.

Thanks for the information. I went to the Walmart site and they sell them for $179.00. I hope they have them in stock - I'll stop by on my way home.

I would be surprised if Wal-Mart has them in-store. I have never seen them there before, plus I'm sure they would consider it a seasonal item if they did stock it.

BTW - In my experience with Amazon, many times even though items are listed as out of stock, they usually arrive very soon after the order, making me think that the items were in stock after all. You can at least place the order and get in line. The worst thing that happens is that you buy one at the store and have to cancel the Amazon order. (Just make sure you cancel it before it goes to "Shipping Soon." Or maybe 2 WSM's isn't a bad problem to have anyway.
icon_smile.gif
)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug D:
I would be surprised if Wal-Mart has them in-store. I have never seen them there before, plus I'm sure they would consider it a seasonal item if they did stock it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here for the Wal-Mart in Jackson, however, their seasonal items are currently on display here.

Just went by a little while ago and checked on their lump charcoal. They have the Wal-Mart brand of lump that feels like larger chunks than Cowboy.

Also looked at several charcoal grills to replace my aging Portable Kitchen, because I can't find a replacement cooking grate for it (too narrow to order from the current mfg.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug D:
Only when the WSM is purchased thru Amazon with Amazon as the seller is free Super Saver shipping offered. At this writing, the seller is Hometown Hearth & Grill. Amazon is listed under More Buying Choices, however, but is currently out of stock. When Amazon has them back in stock, it will be the main seller in the top Ready to Buy? box. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now I understand why the first page indicates "usually ships in 24 hours" and when I went thru checkout the delivery date shows as 2/28/05. Ahh, the fog is beginning to lift...

That has to be a pricy item with the way aluminum prices have shot up over the last 12 months!

Seems like a lot of tending to the fire in order to slow smoke...read the recipe for pork shoulder...it said to boil the pork first for 20-30 minuets...AH, NO!!! You lost me at BOIL!!

Susan...when is yours due to arrive at your house!!?!?
icon_smile.gif
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Susan Z:
They're making those portable kitchens again, but they're pricey...!

https://www.pkgrills.com/index_secure.htm <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My cooking grate isn't the right size for them to have a replacement, it's too narrow.

I wouldn't be interested in replacing the entire unit. It's sort of a family heirloom, and my daughter wants it when I'm gone.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg Rempe:
Seems like a lot of tending to the fire in order to slow smoke...read the recipe for pork shoulder...it said to boil the pork first for 20-30 minuets...AH, NO!!! You lost me at BOIL!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have smoked *MANY* a picnic shoulder on my PK without adding any charcoal nor boiling the meat.
I'd just load that puppy up with fuel, crack that bottom vent, open up the top vent and toss on some hickory. Make you drool!

I've also smoked a ton of chicken breasts. Takes about 4 hours, to die for!

Back