No flame on low

Ron De Hoogh

TVWBB Pro
My Genesis Jr was rebuilt with shortened burner tubes and I am getting a weak flame from the end when on high, little to none on medium and to the heart of the problem no flame at all all along the front burner tube on low. I at first I suspected the regulator as I was getting erratic temps and tapping it seemed to help, so i replaced it with a Weber regulator and hose and the flame seemed to be better but once I turned it to low the flame died.

I cleaned and put a light coat of lube on the gas valves but the flame still died on low. I am new to gas grills and I am wondering is there only low,medium and high settings? My knobs don't snap in to place at low, medium and high is why I ask.

I noticed that on the valve stem that there is two concave areas with orifices are these the medium and low settings and if so could the low orifice be plugged?

Yes, you can use brake cleaner. But, you still need to take the valves apart and when done inspecting and cleaning them, relube them.

This morning I took my valves apart and really cleaned them paying attention to the medium and low orifices, spraying them with brake cleaner and using canned air to blow out the orifices, lubed them and reassembled them. I then hooked up the gas and lit them off testing the high, medium and low settings and it's all good to go now no more flame out on low. I appreciate all of the help Gentlemen thank you.

Also check the actual main orifices as well. Simply unscrew them from the valves and clean the throat and the back of the orifice. I have seen enough residue and corrosion to cause issues with them

Back