Niblets on a gas grill

Dan Leighton

TVWBB Pro
I've been tortured all weekend by an Albertson's weekly flyer that shows an ear of sweetcorn with their steak on sale. Of course, there is no sweetcorn yet. Today, I bought a package of frozen niblets and want to try to do them on the grill rather than boil them. I'm thinking let them defrost and then put on the grill at 350. Any suggestions?

Larry:
I heeded your advice and just did the microwave steam method. I would have been better off just using our Trader Joe's sweetcorn.

With this ridiculously early spring we’re having out west my wife spotted some fresh sweet corn the other day. She cooked them last night. Delicious!

I've tried all methods of grilling corn (in, out or partial shuck; soaked, dry, wrapped in foil; etc.), but I've found the microwave to be the best and easiest.

4 minutes will cook a couple of ears in the shucks. You cut the butt end off, then use a towel (the ears will be HOT) to squeeze the cooked ears out silk-free. Butter, S&P, and eat.

Simply Recipes has a 22 second video that shows how to do it. Go to this link and page down. Microwave Corn on the Cob

We've got 4 niblets left in the freezer. Even with the early hour shopping for seniors, the freezer cases are empty. Hoping for fresh corn soon from anywhere.

Back