NG Regulator Location

TAMann

I have a Weber Summit E470 NG grill. I've recently moved and am getting it setup at my new house. It looks like there's a natural gas regulator inside the base of the grill (which came with the grill from the factory) that steps the pressure down to the required PSI. My question is, can the 2 PSI gas supply in my house be connected directly to this regulator or should my plumber install another regular upstream from the grill? Thanks!

TAMann: Larry Michaels should be able to answer that question for you. If he doesn't chime in soon, try to PM him.

I have a Weber Summit E470 NG grill. I've recently moved and am getting it setup at my new house. It looks like there's a natural gas regulator inside the base of the grill (which came with the grill from the factory) that steps the pressure down to the required PSI. My question is, can the 2 PSI gas supply in my house be connected directly to this regulator or should my plumber install another regular upstream from the grill? Thanks!
Your gas pressure in your house should be 7" WC (water column) not 2 PSI. 7" WC would be less than 1/2lb pressure. I think you better check again. I have seen some suburbs of Minneapolis use small diameter copper line for NG dist within the house at high pressure (I don't know how high though) but I noticed every appliance was plumbed with it's own regulator outside the appliance. Pretty much all NG appliances are made assuming gas pressure between 6.5 and 7.5 inch WC

Larry, every time I see you use "WC" in your posts, the first thing I think of is a Toilet. They call them Water Closets in Germany and often use WC to designate them.

Yeah I know. pretty much throughout Europe as well. But it's how gas pressure is measured.

Back