Newer castors for a Genesis 1000 (1991 vintage I think) from Performer Charcoal?

I have one grill now, a Genesis 1000 redhead. I tidied it up, but it needs another repaint and some custom wood to make it really shine.

I really like the older Genesis grills, but the there are some things I'd like to change on the 1000, but not sure they'll fit.

I have a spare set of Performer Deluxe castors from a Performer I had for a couple of years. I know the plastic that inserts into the frame won't fit the 1000 (as the 1000 has square legs, and the Performer has round), but will the actual castors pop out and fit across? The 1000 castors are small, and they just don't roll as nicely as the slightly bigger Performer ones. Anyone know if they'll fit? I haven't been able to get the time to lift my 1000 up to try. They might make the grill lean one way too, as they're bigger, but maybe they kept the light the same?

Next stage for me is going to be finding a rust free (I'm an optimist) 2000-5000 grill so I can gain the extra width for either the extra burner or more work space. Maybe next winter I'll have the time to take it all apart and clean and repaint + switch out the dura-wood for real wood.

Thanks

Most of those caster wheels all use the same peg that fits into the insert into the grill leg so I would think they will fit. However, if they are bigger than the standard wheels, your grill will sit at a slight angle.

Back