New WSM owner - Glad to be here!

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

This is a fantastic site, very glad I found it, I enjoy reading and learning here. Now that I've finally found and bought my first WSM I'd like some advise on Q'ing a boneless pork loin. I've got several in the freezer so I thought I'd start with what I've got. Looking forward to becoming a part of this Q'ing community and enjoying the fun, fellowship and camaraderie.

------------------
JT

Chris has got lots of excellent advice in this site alone.

I started out by also reading the BBQ FAQ Version 2. You'll find it by searching, or following the smoke ring (WWW ring). Maybe Chris even has a link to it. I thought it provided a solid foundation of history, technique, and a diversity of opinion.

Best wishes, get stuffed. (with BBQ)

Cheers,

Scott.

I think pork loin would be a great place to start! They don't take too long (well, at least compared to brisket), take smoke very well and aren't too expensive and taste great! You could drop a whole chicken in there with it just so's it don't get lonely.

Go easy on the smoke unless you're using something lighter like pecan or fruit wood. I've overdone the smokey flavor on these before when using hickory. One or two chunks of hickory would probably be a good place to start. My favorite for these is apple, but I usually use pecan because I'm cooking them with a brisket. You really need to use a thermometer to tell when it's done. I started with an inexpensive quick-read I got at Wal-Mart that worked great and I still use it when the Polder is tied up with something else. Good Luck and let us know how it came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back