New toy for the Q1200

Got the Only fire rotisserie for my Q1200. I already had a battery powered motor so I’ll be able to use this camping too! Yay! Now what to cook first.

Sweet. Love rotisserie chicken, turkey or a nice roast.

How long is the battery life of your other motor, and does it use 2 D cells like the OnlyFire? Asking out of curiosity. My OnlyFire Santa Maria setup came with a rotisserie. I do also have a 110 volt motor, so wondering if I should even mess with the battery operated one for a 2 or 3 hour spin.

Yes it uses the two D batteries. I honestly don’t know how long it lasts. The longest cook I’ve done was 8 hours. When I did that cook I put new batteries in. Then it lasted for at least another 4-6 cooks mostly 2-3 hour. So battery life is really good.

its the Grizzly spit rotisserie

Grizzly spit

I really like rotisserie cooking. That long cook I mentioned above was a whole pork butt that we at camp over an open fire so good! And talk about bark!

Yes it uses the two D batteries. I honestly don’t know how long it lasts. The longest cook I’ve done was 8 hours. When I did that cook I put new batteries in. Then it lasted for at least another 4-6 cooks mostly 2-3 hour. So battery life is really good.

its the Grizzly spit rotisserie

Grizzly spit

I really like rotisserie cooking. That long cook I mentioned above was a whole pork butt that we at camp over an open fire so good! And talk about bark!
Thanks Case. Really appreciate the info. Got a shoulder thawing out right now. I think you've inspired me to do it on the rotisserie. Been loving open fire cooks on the Santa Maria. so it doesn't take much inspiration to do anything over an open fire.

Thanks Case. Really appreciate the info. Got a shoulder thawing out right now. I think you've inspired me to do it on the rotisserie. Been loving open fire cooks on the Santa Maria. so it doesn't take much inspiration to do anything over an open fire.
Right? Unfortunately we can’t have open fires, briquettes, or pellets right now due to fire season. First time ever that out town has banned those. So propane for is until fall.

Right? Unfortunately we can’t have open fires, briquettes, or pellets right now due to fire season. First time ever that out town has banned those. So propane for is until fall.
That sucks. Guess you could hide a smoke tube in your gasser for a little love.

Back