New to the craft... wood chunk question.

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi. Virgin smoker here. I've ordered my Weber Bullet and have my chimney starter and briquettes all ready. Over the weekend, I looked in a couple Home Depots and a grill shop for Hickory chunks, but the pickins were rather small. I'm just curious where everyone finds their chunks. Are there places online that don't rape you with shipping charges. Let's face it... dead wood can weigh quite a bit. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Check out your local golf course after a storm. Pick up oak, maple, and other nut and fruit woods. You can cut them into chunks. Call up a firewood guy and buy some oak rounds, then cut into 2 inch rounds and split as needed.

There is a place in Rhode Island that sells wood. I can't remember the name off the top of my head. I'm sure someone else will have it.

Any orchards nearby? Ask them for some wood when they do their pruning.

Hey Ken H...

I am also from Jersey (Somerset Area)...

I got a Big Bag of Hickory Chunks for the Home Depot by me??? Maybe the one you went to, was just out...

Usually the one near me has both big bags of Hickory and Mesquite chunks?

I am aways in there (New Home owner /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif ), and time to time they are out, but usually I could find it there or the other two location near me.

I usually go to the Somerset one, then the S. Plainfield one and Finally: Bridgewater II - Rt 202 707 Route 202 South location...

One of them Usually has it in stock.

Hope this helps

Hi Ken, HD, Lowes and Walmart all carry Hickory chunks(at least here in S FL.) You can also pick some up at specialty grill shops and sometimes at propane vendors.

Good luck, Dave

I will definately keep trying the Depot and Lowes then. Thanks for the responses. This will save me having to cut down all the neighbor's trees. :-) /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Home depot has had good luck here..... alsoe Wal-mart has been a better choice.

Don't forget Lowe's and Home depot have a 10% price Guarantee!!!

They'll beat the price by 10%. All you have to do is ask while checking out at the register!!!

10% break goes a long way!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back