New to me WSM 18.5, Couple questions........

Thats great if you can make one yourself and save a few bucks, Nice job.. The minion seemed to work well for me. Also the charcoal grate worked awesome. I went back out last night to clean out the ash and it did a great job of just letting the fine ash fall through. No big chunks got wasted at all.. It was just all fine dust at the bottom
No doubt the folks at arbor fab have a great product! I made this in an attempt to save a few bucks using what was lying around and trying to fly under the radar as the Mrs started noticing the new smoker parts showing up...and asking abouts costs as I got it back into working order ;):ROFLMAO:

Arbor fab did ok.. Quality control was not up to par. I wasn't gonna even mention anything to them about it but they sent me one of those "Hey how did we do Emails". Well i let them know. Not it a bad way.. Just wanted to let them know that The charcoal grate didn't fit right. I didnt realize till the morning i was set to cook all the meat i bought. So after a bunch of emails back and forth, i finally got this email.

"Chuck,
I spoke to my boss, he's the one that cuts these....he thinks that you received one that slipped through when he had a few cut wrong on the plaz cutter. I'm really sorry about that and would like to offer a discount on any future purchase for your troubles.

Is there anything you were looking to purchase soon from us?

Tara"

Now, i had already told them i had used it and, told them i had to make some cuts to trim off some of it to make it fit right,, Its still not 100%. I will get it there but when you admit you cut something wrong or something slipped through in the manufacturing process.. Replace the friggin thing.. Anyway.. Last time i order from them

Arbor fab did ok.. Quality control was not up to par. I wasn't gonna even mention anything to them about it but they sent me one of those "Hey how did we do Emails". Well i let them know. Not it a bad way.. Just wanted to let them know that The charcoal grate didn't fit right. I didnt realize till the morning i was set to cook all the meat i bought. So after a bunch of emails back and forth, i finally got this email.

"Chuck,
I spoke to my boss, he's the one that cuts these....he thinks that you received one that slipped through when he had a few cut wrong on the plaz cutter. I'm really sorry about that and would like to offer a discount on any future purchase for your troubles.

Tara"

Now, i had already told them i had used it and, told them i had to make some cuts to trim off some of it to make it fit right,, Its still not 100%. I will get it there but when you admit you cut something wrong or something slipped through in the manufacturing process.. Replace the friggin thing.. Anyway.. Last time i order from them
Pretty sorry customer service.

"Chuck,

Tara"

Hey Chuck - at this point I would just tell them you want a correct one sent for free. Yes, they should have done it to begin with, yes, it's the principle of the matter, but sometimes the best of us need things spelled out. I would email them and tell them the discount is fine but if they want to keep you as a customer they need to send you a new unit. The worst that can happen is they say no. The best is you get a new piece :) I'm sorry you've had to deal with this.

Chad sent me this email:
547DD2FD-C236-4854-9F7F-4A78E573ED81.jpeg
I told them I didn’t want to pay $18.90 shipping for a $22.00 Minion Basket. I never heard back from them.

Hey Chuck - at this point I would just tell them you want a correct one sent for free. Yes, they should have done it to begin with, yes, it's the principle of the matter, but sometimes the best of us need things spelled out. I would email them and tell them the discount is fine but if they want to keep you as a customer they need to send you a new unit. The worst that can happen is they say no. The best is you get a new piece :) I'm sorry you've had to deal with this.
I will let them know once im back from Vaca. Its surprising i would even have to ask.. But.....

Chad sent me this email:
View attachment 33922
I told them I didn’t want to pay $18.90 shipping for a $22.00 Minion Basket. I never heard back from them.
Ya , thats a bit ridiculous. They obviusuly dont like to keep customers happy.. I will admit.. Tara was trying to help. She emailed me multiple times.. Even from her home later in the evening.. But.. Once she talked to the boss.. That was the end of that

Back