New to me Performer Deluxe... Need to fix the push button igniter

MichaelM

TVWBB Super Fan
Snagged a model code AT Performer Deluxe (2013) for $100.. Included the obligatory chimney (I now have four), a cover that has at least a season left on it, a cast iron four section cooking grate, three charcoal baskets, a full Kettle Pizza Pro (which is really all I wanted) and a set of utensils that I tossed. Also included a sealed bag of MatchLight. Scratched my head at that one..

This is not my first kettle and judging by the amount of cleanup it didn't need, this has been used less than half a dozen times. Things that need attention...

The table has the common crack across its width. Not sure if I will buy an OE replacement or make one myself. Open to suggestions.

The Touch-n-Go push button ignitor button cover needs to be replaced. Looks like it still has the original AAA battery installed and I can't get the battery out. Can anyone confirm the replacement part.. Is the right piece... ?? The rest of the ignition unit looks in good order.

The digital timer was missing. Haven't looked for the replacement yet. Not sure I need it.

The cast iron cooking grates add a bit of cool factor, but not sure I want to contend with the upkeep and since I am not much into sear marks they aren't of interest. They cleaned up wonderfully, so I might just throw them back on marketplace. If I could figure out the manufacturer and they make flat griddle inserts, I would swap them, but I think I would rather sell them and get the GBS grate.

Last edited:
Nice score. I’m looking for a pizza something, would love to get kettle pizza for cheap to try.
I’ve never touched my timer so I think your good on that. I’d splurge for a metal table with that deal.

What a great deal! The KP Pro and other accessories is worth more than a $100 by themselves.
I never could land one of these type of deals when I was searching for Performers.
Seems like a lot of people like to upgrade the black metal table as a replacement from what I've read. Depending if you plan to keep this long term, maybe add some good stainless grates? Not sure how much you want to invest at this point.

Michael, If you can get the old battery out, try putting a new battery in (positive side in) and try jumping from the negative terminal to the spring that wraps around the battery. If you get spark at the ignitor, all you need is the button posted above. If you don't, replace the whole thing with the ignitor kit. Salt air does wonders as you know for corroding contacts.

When I last got a performer with a cracked table, I fixed the crack with plastic epoxy. It held up fine for two years before I sold it.

The cast iron cooking grates add a bit of cool factor, but not sure I want to contend with the upkeep and since I am not much into sear marks they aren't of interest. They cleaned up wonderfully, so I might just throw them back on marketplace. If I could figure out the manufacturer and they make flat griddle inserts, I would swap them, but I think I would rather sell them and get the GBS grate.
They sound like Graycort which was all the rage years ago.

A few pics as it was offered on Marketplace..
2022-04-23 Weber Performer Delux 48.jpg
2022-04-23 Weber Performer Delux 46.jpg
Nice score. I’m looking for a pizza something, would love to get kettle pizza for cheap to try.
I’ve never touched my timer so I think your good on that. I’d splurge for a metal table with that deal.
I can't see replacing the timer.. Not something I will ever use and this kettle is going to be used. The table.. All of the options are pretty pricey. I may try a repair first.

What a great deal! The KP Pro and other accessories is worth more than a $100 by themselves.
I never could land one of these type of deals when I was searching for Performers.
Seems like a lot of people like to upgrade the black metal table as a replacement from what I've read. Depending if you plan to keep this long term, maybe add some good stainless grates? Not sure how much you want to invest at this point.
The only thing missing, that I can tell, is the wooden pizza peel. Easy enough to replace at Restaurant Depot. First cook after cleaning everything was pizza. Result was admirable considering it was the first attempt. Temp control is a challenge.. I need large pieces of wood; the standard size lump is consumed in just one cook. Didn't take long for the stainless to discolor..
2022-04-24 Kettle Pizza 45.jpg

When I last got a performer with a cracked table, I fixed the crack with plastic epoxy. It held up fine for two years before I sold it.
I have some fiberglass sheets and resin. Might try to do a repair on the back side first. The rest of the table is in good condition with the exception of some scribble scratches that I'll try to sand out. Looks like a child scratched their name in it. After a good cleaning, some 303 protectant should make it look like new.

They sound like Graycort which was all the rage years ago.
Visually those are a good match to what I have (can be seen in the second photo above. The twist ties used to secure the grates to the frame for shipping were still attached. That said, I don't really have a need for them and living on the water makes upkeep of everything that much more complicated.

MichaelM, it might just be your lucky day. I just replaced a 2007 AA Performer Deluxe with a new one. I still have the old one and my table (same material as yours) is not cracked or scratched. My igniter gave up about 10 years ago and the kettle has metal fatigue from high temp cooks, and the timer didn't exist in 2007 so I can't help you there, but I have all of the other parts in good condition except the wheels have deformed/cracked hubs. I also have a GBS grate with griddle and CI searing accessories that I am not overly fond of. Hit me up if you are interested and I'll provide pictures. I may be interested in your 4 piece CI grate. Shipping would be to/from WI. Edit- I show up as a new member, but if you check you will see me as joining in 2015. I just don't post a lot, I'm more of a lurker.

@Kevin Mac sure.. worth discussing.

I know I won’t use the CI grate I have ( which does look to be the One linked above. I’ve cleaned oiled and reseasoned and oiled again

PM coming your way.

Back