new temp controller

Well I gave her a go this weekend - slow cooked a couple of pork roasts. I have it installed in a Kamodo Joe (BGE clone)

A few impressions:
1. Fan algorithm is frustrating, but that is the geek in me trying to understand the pattern
icon_biggrin.gif

2. The ATC causes increased charcoal usage - I ended up having to reload during a relatively short cook (4 hours) - normally the load I used would have lasted about 6hrs
3. The adapter plate is a little sloppy - I gonna have to modify it a little, maybe add a gasket or consider a permanent mounting solution.
4. My last concern is the pit temp difference between my Mav ET-732 and the aubers. The sensors were mounted at the same spot (The auber was clipped to the ET-732 mounting clip). I will be doing some calibration testing.

Overall I'm pleased with the unit.

D

Not a lot of difference - I'd say it varied between 5F and 15F.

Another issue yesterday - the fan doesn`t have enough guts to keep high temps (500F) I might replace the fan with something with higher CFM

Dave

I have the auber and have used it at least 10 times. I have not had to change the algorithm. The factory pre sets work fine for me. I do not use a gasket. I find that I actually save fuel with the auber, I use Stubbs for long cooks, what do you use? The only thing I had to do was calibrate but I figured that out on a youtube video by doing the boiling water and iced water test. I use a 18 clay saucer in mine, no water and it holds temp perfectly. Its truly set it and forget it. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice Richard.

I have no intention of playing with the blower algorithm - just frustrated because I do not understand it
icon_smile.gif

I'm gonna calibrate the unit this weekend

D

Back