New Technique for Pizza on the Kettle

thanks shaun, I didn't realize most people put the lid vent on the other side of the coals. Anyhow, I did the same thing last night. I also tried to prop open the lid with a piece of wood. I couldn't get the temp over 500 but will try again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jeff davidson:
thanks shaun, I didn't realize most people put the lid vent on the other side of the coals. Anyhow, I did the same thing last night. I also tried to prop open the lid with a piece of wood. I couldn't get the temp over 500 but will try again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You are welcome! One thing I find is that you can also slide the lid forward so the lid is resting on the front handle and that may help in getting the temp up a litle higher. I was amazed when I saw my needle pinned.

Interesting thread Shaun. I've done pizza in a metal pizza pan a couple of times on the kettle with pretty good results. I just scored a new pizza stone though (Red Sky brand). Did my first cook yesterday. Looking forward to getting some more practice.

Why is everyone putting coals in baskets or around the sides of the pan/stone? Why not have a complete layer over the bottom?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alan F:
Why is everyone putting coals in baskets or around the sides of the pan/stone? Why not have a complete layer over the bottom? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi Alan, in my expierience it's because it usually cooks the crust to fast and chars it leaving the toppings uneven.

Back