new Summit 670

Mike Brannan

I recently got a new 670. Still trying to get used to it. There is a lot of heat. Any suggestion on determining how many burners to use. Secondly, any suggestion on the searing station. I have not really used yet. I grilled some thick steaks recently and noticed the higher heat that i am not used to tended to over cook the outside. I am an avid griller so i think i just need to get used to it.

I see that low a post count and my knee jerk reactoiun is to say welcome to TVWBB!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Brannan:
I recently got a new 670. Still trying to get used to it. ... I am an avid griller so i think i just need to get used to it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's one of Weber's top line grills so I guess I should be a little jealous. But I'm pretty happy with what I already have and the sizes I have better meet my needs than the 670.

I can't comment on the specifics of your questions except to reflect your thought that it just takes some getting used to. Cooking is a bit of an art and we would not be as pleased with the results if the skill did not come with some effort. Enjoy the journey!

Welcome,
I actually got a 670 last year so maybe I can help you out. The sear station is awesome. I preheat the grill with most burners on including the sear station. Then put my steak on for about a min a side. If someone wants their steak cooked longer I just turn down the heat off to the side and cook a little longer

I also got a 670 last month and was amazed at the heat that thing can put off when wide open. First couple of cooks were quicker and more well done than I expected.

I'm starting to get the hang of high heat grilling as I previously used a Holland Grill which although good, is no speed demon for sure.

I would suggest not taking the amount of time you think it will need for granted for the first few cooks. Once you get the feel for how fast it cooks with x number of burners on, the nice thing is they are super consistent.

I really love the amount of food you can cook in a hurry on the 670. That was my main complaint about the holland since it was 100% indirect grilling, burgers took forever if you had a group over for a cookout. Not so on the 670, it can crank them out pretty quicky.

Back