New Smokey Mountain

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi all,
I sold my Oklahoma Joe's Longhorn and got me a Weber Smokey Mountain. I have had it for only a few days. I did a 10 lb brisket via the minion method. Came out perfect. Today I did 2 pork butts minion method. Smoker temp at meat level was 230. Cooked them for 11:45 to an internal temp of 190F. Man the sure look good. I am so glad I got rid of the Longhorn. I loved that smoker but it was alot of work for me to keep the fire small. Anyway I will smoke alot more with my new baby.
Cya,
Mike

Hi Mike,

Great that you are loving the Weber as we all are... Here's a thought, though. You should maximize your smokes. In other words, fill that smoker up. Why do 1 butt if you can do 4 or even 6 at one time. They keep, even longer if they are frozen, they sell well after a sample or two. I never pay for the meat. I always max the load and sell the rest at a reasonnable premium to friends and family. Believe me, it is a win win idea. Everybody is happy to pay and everyone does with a big smile ! A guy at work recently said to me: " Marc, when are you going to make the world a better place and smoke some more ribs ? I told him I needed to wait til the next pay check... He said he would gladely pay me in advance. At 25 bucks a butt or rack of ribs, why not... Of course, this does not pay for my time and labor, but it is enough for me to buy the meat, spices, charcoal, smoke wood, etc... But it's not that much extra work to smoke 6 butts as it is to smoke 1. It's a labor of love anyway and I get to enjoy a couple of butts at no monetary cost. Same for ribs and anything else I make... Do the sample thing, I think you will be pleasntly surprised at people's reactions.

Also, 25 bucks a rack of ribs is a joke, ther are people on the web selling a one pound rack for 70$, mine are 2 pounds... I'm not looking to make it a business !

Cheers !

Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back