New pup gave me a break…

Jason Godard

TVWBB Pro
The new pup took a nap and I was able to grill some organic chicken breast seasoned with OakRidge Santa Maria, cooked on the Jumbo Joe over a pile of second use, I don’t recall what kind of charcoal. Life is good.

Attachments

• D212B302-9501-4E9D-B353-0C6FD5BCBBA6.jpeg
    D212B302-9501-4E9D-B353-0C6FD5BCBBA6.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 9D8B980D-DC44-4B8A-ACA5-4A5E8F2265B7.jpeg
    9D8B980D-DC44-4B8A-ACA5-4A5E8F2265B7.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 09E9EE87-A670-4F2E-834F-C875C75DE423.jpeg
    09E9EE87-A670-4F2E-834F-C875C75DE423.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 42
  • B82AF1F7-E592-4C7B-B361-CBA42ECE0B94.jpeg
    B82AF1F7-E592-4C7B-B361-CBA42ECE0B94.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 70
Rich, how do they steal steaks from the grill without getting burned?
You'll need to ask them. Mine was a big collie with really long fur. I guess they're really fast. My neighbor actually saw it and let me know. Another friend told me of his dog doing the same. Dogs can be incredibly quick and fast -- something that we seldom see.

I would like to get another one as well, but I have seven grandkids 8 and under.
Needs to be a very special dog.

Good feelings never gone, but patience severely tried. I forget, first dog?
No, this is my fourth puppy. She is super smart, especially for being only 9 weeks. She goes to the door when she needs to do her thing, no accidents in the house for the last 4 days or so. But I am home all day with her and we go outside every top of the hour plus when she asks. She gets it. I’ve had her just over a week and she will sit, stay and give her paw on command. We are working on leash manners now, which I didn’t think we would be doing so soon. She will fetch endlessly and needs to be worn out or she can get nasty with those teeth.
Ive gone through almost a whole bottle of bitter apple to tame her biting and chewing things and hands, and that stuff is worth it’s weight in gold. She hates it. Other than that, it’s all positive reinforcement and redirection. Negative attention or punishment doesn’t do any good at this age, and I suspect she would develop aggression all to easy. She’s not like my golden retriever, who was always easy-going.

All good, you're obviously on the right track. I've found that the most intelligent dogs can be the most difficult. You have to prove you really mean it, you have to convince them that similar items are the same and the same rules apply. Some want to decide whether THEY get to obey or not. But she's young ang that's your advantage -- you know persistence better. So congrats on the early start. Puppy Kindergarten (socialization) and Beginner Obedience classes will help her learn that the others do it too. And she will likely compete to be the best.

All good, you're obviously on the right track. I've found that the most intelligent dogs can be the most difficult. You have to prove you really mean it, you have to convince them that similar items are the same and the same rules apply. Some want to decide whether THEY get to obey or not. But she's young ang that's your advantage -- you know persistence better. So congrats on the early start. Puppy Kindergarten (socialization) and Beginner Obedience classes will help her learn that the others do it too. And she will likely compete to be the best.
Yeah, once she has all her shots she’s going on a two week vacation to puppy school. She is the most competitive, head strong dog I’ve ever had. I’m convinced she would blackout sooner than give up on anything.

Back