New Performer Owner: Impressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael L.

TVWBB Fan
The other night I went out and cooked up some steaks on my first ever performer. The fire was really hot and I over cooked one side just a touch. Put on the lid and closed down both top and bottom vents and went inside.

While we were eating my wife asked if I had also cooked up the chicken that I had brining in the fridge. Woops... I'll go back out after I eat my steak. I knew the fire was still really hot so I figured it wouldn't be an issue.

I grabbed the chicken and headed out. It had only been, maybe 30 minutes, since I closed everything down. But to my surprise, and delight, I found the kettle completely cold.

Closing the lid, and shutting off the vents had completely snuffed the fire. I was impressed. Since it had saved my charcoals I just relit them and cooked my chicken, and when I was done.. I snuffed it again, and used the coals (plus a few more) today for a third time.

I love the air control ability on this thing.

Congrats on the new performer. I got one for Christmas and have had the same pleasant experiences. I am sure you will find that it is a very versatile grill.
Good luck

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back