New OTG!! So excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Audus

Got the black OTG today and had my first run with it. I might have messed up as my wife gave me the go ahead on a performer but I chose the OTG instead and bought the coal trays and a thermometer. This week is the Masters week and I always take Wed - Fri off and I plan to do some grilling and make my outdoor kitchen. I will take pictures of the project and post when I'm done. It won't be anything fancy just a nice counter with wind break.

Was bummed on my first cook, I was so excited to cook I forgot to use the charcoal holders. My collection is almost complete OTG, 22.5 WSM and Weber Genesis Silver all I want now is the smokey joe.

congrats ! yer setting yerself up for dissapointment if you expect everything to turn out great the first time. plus there are no mistakes, just a learning process.

If you haven't use the coal trays take them back and get some Firebricks instead.

Then you can do even more cool indirect cooking like this

Welcome to the board and prepare to get hooked big time. The grilling forum is awesome and you can smoke on your OTG as well.

Try a few chickens and some steaks and you'll get your game on quick.

You can use your "credit" you have from passing on the performer to buy wood chunks, tongs, get a TVVWB Smoke Day Apron ....

My WSM is feeling left out since i got my OTG...going to give her some loving on Sat with a nice leg-o-lamb.
icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back