• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello from Florida. I'm the proud owner of a new WSM, a gift on father's day and an upgrade from a short but enjoyable stint with a used ECB. I cooked ribs last weekend and am trying a brisket this weekend using the Minion method. It's an 8# IBP brisket from Costco but I don't know if it includes the point. I had to ask for it as they don't have it out for sale in that large of a piece. I'm also unsure about wich rack (top or bottom) to use.

Welcome to the site Mike.

If you are cooking to different meats such as a butt and a brisket, I put the meat that will take the longest (brisket always takes the longest) on the bottom grate. If you are cooking just a brisket just use the top grate.

Good luck
Jim

Welcome to the room Mike ... Good to know another southern boy is hooked on Bar-b-q... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Have you been having as much rain in Florida as I've had in South Georgia??? We've had so much rain I've had a problem finding a dry spot to smoke meat...lol... It all seem to be coming from your neck of the woods...

Anyway good to have you as a member and again welcome... Make yourself at home and enjoy the room..

Cheers!!!

bugg /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back