New member of the family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan Stratton

TVWBB Fan
I just got this Saturday. I was trying to hold out for a Blue one but this was too good of deal and its in great shape. Im hoping to fire it up tonight for another round of Roadside Chicken.

ivan004.jpg

I got to use my new toy for the first time last night. I had to cook for the wifes Aunts birthday party. I made Roadside Chicken. I had 8 large breast and 8 quarters. This was my first time lighting the performer and it worked like a charm. I set it up for indirect with a basket on each side. I loaded the chicken in the middle thats when I realized that it wasnt all going to fit. I didnt have time for two batches so I fired up the gasser (Ducane, my Genesis is at the lake). The performer settled in at 350 and by my thermo on the gasser it was about the same. Everything was going smooth I went for my first flip and the chicken on the Performer looked perfect. Well I guess the thermo is off on the gasser, the first side had already gotten a little charred on those pieces. I turned it all the way down and was able to salvage them. I cant say enough good things about the Performer. It held perfectly steady temp the whole cook. When I wanted to raise the temp at the end all I did was slide the One Touch lever a little and the temp quickly responded. The lid holder and table are also very nice bonuses. I dont see my gasser getting much use around here anymore. I have other kettles I will just light one of those next time I need more capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back