New Iphone App; Igrill

Jay VD

I was looking for posts about this iPhone app and saw conversations about it from two years ago. Has anyone tried this bluetooth device recently? It is supposed to work as an app you upload from itunes and then works via bluetooth up to 200' from the cooker. Any users? http://www.igrillinc.com/

Jay-

I saw this a few months ago and was considering as well until I read the customer review comments from the iTunes app store. A balance of good and bad reviews convinced me to hold out for now.

Hi Guys,
I'm new here and love this place, so much useful info it's hard to stay away... I've been using the iGrill for two months now and love it. Bluetooth on the older iPhone or iPad app has a problem (hard to connect) but recently they added a new app iGrill Pro for both devices and it works great! as soon as I turn on the unit within 5 seconds it's connected and stays connected without any issues. The meat probe was tested and is within 2 or 3 degrees from other probes I have and use. It's really nice to use my iPhone to monitor the cooking times/temps. I just recently ordered a grate temp probe/clip from iGrill so i'll have to see how that works out. I hoped this helped you guy's...
Thanks Andy..

I really like it. The 200' range is really stretching it. I can get about 75 feet in direct sight of the unit. When the unit is outside, and my phone inside, I get about 30 feet. I really wanted it to come in on my nightstand - So I can check or hear alarms on all night cooks. But that range it is hit or miss. But 10 feet closer and it comes in - So I leave it on the dresser.

Aside from that it works great.

Back