New Glow Plug for Searwood

Don D.

TVWBB Fan
So far by new Searwood XL is rocking!!!

I ordered an extra glow plug as a spare because the old Smokefire plug will not fit.
Part #2400348,Glow plug, threaded, Searwood , price is $27.99.
This is a new design with nuts holding it in place. The rep I dealt with said they are super reliable and he only heard of one plug that failed for someone's Searwood , I figured I didn't want to be the second guy...

I wonder if the new hot rods are now similar to what the companies are using? If so, might be able to find cheaper sources.
Can you post a photo?

Yeah, it's too bad they just did not go to a more generic type. I can buy just about any plug off Amazon and it's universal
The hot rod that came with my grill was pretty good. But I found a great deal on a nitrate rod and upgraded. The new rod gets it going crazy fast. I’ll post a photo tomorrow.

The hot rod that came with my grill was pretty good. But I found a great deal on a nitrate rod and upgraded. The new rod gets it going crazy fast. I’ll post a photo tomorrow.
Nitrate.............hmmm. Yeah, I'd love to know more. Maybe a link to a benefits comparison

Nitrate.............hmmm. Yeah, I'd love to know more. Maybe a link to a benefits comparison
Sorry, I could not find my standard hot rod to show a proper comparison of all 3 together. But this should give you the general idea. Install is pretty easy. Only a set screw to hold it in place. The wire is a pull through and plug into the control board.
But here is a plug from my Smokefire, similar to the new Searwwod and the Nitrate Rod I’m now running. Other photos to follow.
IMG_9256.jpegIMG_9257.jpegIMG_6391.jpegIMG_6283.jpegIMG_2235.pngIMG_2050.png

Already put one in my "list" on Amazon
They make a couple different sizes or at least different voltage types. But I’ve been very happy with mine and felt it was worth the upgrade.
Just FYI, during an email with the company they did disclose NO difference in the 2 or 5 year unit. Your just paying for the longer warranty.

Back