New CL find Weber Genesis Silver B Premium

Sean P

Hey guys, over the weekend I got my first grill on CL. It is a Weber Genesis Silver B Premium that I got
for $75. The problem is that it is the NG version and not LP and I do not have NG hookup, however I could not pass up on that price. I am in the process of converting it to LP. Below are few pictures I took. Unfortunately I did take any pics of the grill before I cleaned it. The only before picture I took was of on the of the flavorizer bars.

flavorizer bar before cleaning
4495539912_1519459f94_b.jpg

After cleaning
4494900059_7986244e40_b.jpg

4494899901_ffb90fa43b_b.jpg

4494899733_35bd55417b_b.jpg

4495539268_8cb77dd32e_b.jpg

4495539138_36e85def4e_b.jpg

4495538722_4da58093f1_b.jpg

Sean
That is just gorgeous! From the looks of the before picture of the flavoriser bar I don't think that that grill had been used more than a few times. If that is not the case and it was as dirty as mine, HOW did you clean it to look just like new?

To convert it to LPG you need all three valves and the orifices for the output. Or a used manifold with the correct LPG valves and then it is just plug and go. There is an orifice inside the valve to control the low gas flow. So they need to be replaced

Wow again that is really new!!!!!

Wow! That amazing! You're going to love that grill. I've got the Silver C version which is basically the same thing with a side burner. It's great.

What did you use on those flavorizer bars?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Justin W:
Wow! That amazing! You're going to love that grill. I've got the Silver C version which is basically the same thing with a side burner. It's great.

What did you use on those flavorizer bars? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To clean it, those green scouring pads (scotch guard) works wonders. This combine with a zep degreaser from Home Depot.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gary s smith:
Sean
That is just gorgeous! From the looks of the before picture of the flavoriser bar I don't think that that grill had been used more than a few times. If that is not the case and it was as dirty as mine, HOW did you clean it to look just like new?

To convert it to LPG you need all three valves and the orifices for the output. Or a used manifold with the correct LPG valves and then it is just plug and go. There is an orifice inside the valve to control the low gas flow. So they need to be replaced

Wow again that is really new!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I ordered a new LP manifold to replace the NG manifold. I got it today so I will post pictures a little later.

Back