New Cajun Bandit Door not fitting properly

yeah, my CB door didn't fit exactly the same way my stock door didn't fit. adjustments to the stock and CB made it better. my CB door bent pretty easy after sitting in the sun under the stock weber vinyl cover, it was pretty hot today. uploading pics of gasket. my WSM seems to burn great but doesn't stop burning coal when I close the vents, that's the main reason I'm doing the gaskets - I know it is not efficient...

9506703302_3117c1e3d7.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

my plan is when this dries, 24 hrs-ish, to put another gasket around the bottom edge of the flange on the middle portion that seals against the bottom section - if that makes sense? will post pics if flickr allows me...

kit from
http://www.bbqgaskets.com/catalog_4.html
instructions say may not need the gasket between body and bottom, but some have had success putting it on bottom of middle/body of smoker...;

Let us know how this works out Alan. I'm not sure if anyone has done BOTH a CB door and a gasket? With the added thickness of the CB door, there is very little play left for the latch. I wonder with the gasket added will you now need to mod the latch?

I noticed last weekend for the first time that my 18.5 leaks pretty good! I also have the CB door. Did you get the gasket kit for the entire smoker, or just the door? I've been thinking about getting the gasket kit for the entire smoker...

The instructions say to apply the gasket to the smoker body around the door cutout, but I did the inside of the CB door. Works great.

bottom gasket around body. tried to get it right in the lip and provide a smooth transition with the RTV.
Guess I'll have to cook on it this weekend...
9514773901_6f1f898027.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

OK folks - the stock latch fit fine with the CB door and the gasket. And when I closed the vents the coals went out. wow. I now have control over airflow. here are pics of the coals that went out and the doo rafter my first cook - you can see ZERO leaking around the door>>>
9524614665_6d840ecf8e.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Back