new burners on the genny, and lighting problem solved

John K BBQ

TVWBB All-Star
I finally replaced the burners on my Genesis - wow, what a difference! Easy to light, nice blue flames, running just like new again AND I've finally got a decent outdoor lighting solution for grilling after sundown. My old burners were making yellow flame and although the lid thermometer would read over 500F for 10 minutes or so, the old burners were not putting out enough IR to get the grates hot. I'm equally excited about my new grilling light....if you have outdoor lighting issues, you may want to check it out.

I kept the first cook with the new burners really simple, marinated chicken breasts and garlic bread (lighting provided by the new tri-pod set up)

chicken  and garlic bread.jpg

Here's the new light tripod set up. My grills are too far away from my back porch light to get light from the port. The tri pod is a light weight telescoping unit designed for holding a smart phone for photos and video, but I put a rechargeable Powersmith brand flood light on it. Bought both items for < $60 on scamazon. I'm really liking the light output and easy set up/take down. Someday I might come up with a more aesthetically pleasing solution for outdoor light, but this is working really well for now. Prior to this, I was wearing a dang headlamp every time I went outside to flip a burger.... I can share links for these products if anyone else wants to try it - they bolt right together with no MacGyvering required.

lighting tripod.jpg

That light looks nice and super bright. You have a link to share? #1 thing I hate about moving back to EST is grilling in the dark

Here's the light

Here's the tripod

I'm not using the stand that came with the light, there is a 1/4" hole in the bracket that slips over the stud on the end of the tripod. The tripod comes with a plastic wing nut-deal that I've used to secure the light to it. Just a couple of left over parts from each peice. The light has a super bright, and bright enough setting. The bright enough setting is plenty for me. Not sure what that super bright setting is for unless you're sending signals to friends on the space station. The whole thing folds up pretty nice and is only about 26" long

tripod.jpg

It is interesting that the 1080 is less expensive than the 800 lumens by $12. I get it the 800 is rechargeable.

the rechargeable feature was important for me. No messing with cords until time to charge. I've got about 3 or 4 hours of run time on the low light setting so far and it's not starting to fade yet.

Back