New burger....Rat burger that is

I remember seeing an episode of "Imsomniac" - and they (Animal Control officers, with guest sharp-shooters from local clubs) were shooting Nutrias with (I believe 0.22 rifles) within the City Limits of New Orleans. IIRC, they were doing it at night with Infrared scopes.

I dunno if the "River Rats " in Russia are any different then the ones I used to run from in Chicago, but I would definitely not eat one.

Tim

So, if you did not know what it was named, but you were offered some fresh from the grill, and it looked good and smelled good,
would you try it then? The name connotation is an almost immediate turn off, but what we don't know sometimes tastes great.

So, if you did not know what it was named, but you were offered some fresh from the grill, and it looked good and smelled good,
would you try it then? The name connotation is an almost immediate turn off, but what we don't know sometimes tastes great.

I tried chitterlings once. My Grandfather took me to a soul food joint on the south side and said try em you might like em.
Being a kid I had no idea what it was and tried it, but did not like it.

Tim

TV show is Swamp People (Louisiana area) that features meals made with nutria.
0720-nutria-example-sub.jpg

Back