New build, not working.

Hi There!

I've finished my HM 4.3 build yesterday. After powering it up for the first time the green and red led lighted up and the LCD lighted up but didn't display anything. The Pi just booted up normally and I was able to find the WiFi AP on my Pi Zero W. However, after pushing some of the buttons it showed some squares on the display and weird characters. after that the leds and display powered off and haven't done anything anymore. And I literally fried my Raspberry Pi :(

I don't really know where to start right now, I do have another Pi Model B, but I'm not planning on also frying that one. Any tips, ideas?

Oof that's not good at all. I'd start by powering just the base board and checking all the 12V, 5V and GND pads and making sure the voltage is good there. Then check all the 3.3V pads and make sure none are over 3.3V. Finally check all the pads that have no value assigned, or a fluctuating value, and make sure none of those have over 3.3V. If that all turns up nothing then put the LCD/Button board on and do it again to make sure nothing has changed.

to rule out the quick things... is the atmega in the proper way? :)

not that I have ever done that... more than once.

@Bryan, thank you! I will check the entire board and keep you posted!

@JHalasz, unfortunately (sort of) it's in the proper way, thanks anyway

Back