New 18.5" owner here

TGraham

Hello all,
My wife bought a 18.5" WSM for father's day and I am planning on firing it up and trying some ribs on it tomorrow. For the shorter smoke time that ribs take should I employ the Minion Method or just stick with the standard method? I order some rib racks that will be delivered today but need to purchase a good remote thermometer. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Travis

Many of us use the minion method regardless of cook time. When the cook is done, just shut her down and use any leftover coals next time.

Regarding the thermometer, you can't go wrond with the ET-73 made by Maverick. Has two probes (one for food, one for smoker) plus high and low alarms on each.

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback. I guess I should go ahead and order the Maverick on Amazon so that it gets here sooner than later. Won't be here in time for the ribs tomorrow but from what I have read you don't gauge them by their temp but by their pull so that should not be an issue.

Thanks again, really looking forward to learning all about the WSM.

Funny how we (guys) enjoy getting this kind of stuff. Try buying your wife a crock pot next Mother's day and see how that works out. Ouch! LOL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rick Rockwell:
Funny how we (guys) enjoy getting this kind of stuff. Try buying your wife a crock pot next Mother's day and see how that works out. Ouch! LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bought my wife a WSM 22 for her anniversary or that's what I tell her anyway. This year we decided to buy our own anniversary gift. I bought the WSM and she has yet to buy anything. I keep asking her when is she going go get my anniversary present.

Back