Never ceases to amaze me...........

Craig C

TVWBB Fan
Howdy all, I've got two boston butts on the WSM with about an hour to go. Put them on at 7:30 last night and the Weber held at 225-250 all night! What a piece of equipment! I got a brisket to do when these are done. I'll let you know the results. Having a blast here in Cincy with my WSM!

I did a pork butt yesterday morning, woke up at 0530, got the chimney lit and the rub on the meat, by 0600 I was back in bed for a bit longer. Left for work around 0800 which gave the temps time to stabilize. Went to work, came home around 1700 and the WSM is still chugging along at 230.

Ain't it great! Talk about set it and forget it, huh!?

Side note: My aunt has one of those Ron Popeil "set it and forget it" rotisserie oven things, and on the back it advises it's not really 'set it and forget it.'

So the WSM - the only real "Set it and forget it" cooker!
icon_biggrin.gif

Scott, how full are you filling your charcoal ring with coal and are you using the standard method or the minion method?

I had the ring pretty much full with new K charcoal and about 6 fist sized chunks of apricot wood, but not overflowing. I used the minion method, with about 17 lit coals to start with, spread over the top. I was able to get almost 1.25 gallons in the stock water pan (full to the brim) and i was just about to run out of water by the time I got home.

I did an 11# (after trim) packer on Sunday... It went as smooth as silk. Everytime I fire up my WSMC it does amaze me too! Once its set it just 'chuggs' along all day (or nite)...
icon_smile.gif
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back